July 8, 2009

So Happy

Sitting at my desk...ipod in ears...seeing this documentary play out through my head...

Directing my first documentary is a bit daunting but I am so ready for this. I can't wait to share this story with the world.  This issue is something that I have wanted to expose since I was in middle school.  I remember sitting in my bathroom at the age of 13, writing in my diary about my horrific daily experiences.  One of the only things that got me through the day was the fact that I knew I was going to use my experience with girl-against-girl "crime" to one day spread awareness and make a change. Sitting here now as I envision this documentary...I really can't explain the joy I'm filled with at this very moment.  

Here are a few songs that have really helped inspire the feel and tone of the doc thus far:

Breathe Me- Sia
Life in Technicolor- Coldplay
Love Like a Sunset pt2- Phoenix
Hard Sun- Eddie Vedder
We Own the Sky- M83

Enjoy :)

Love Wins.
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment