May 11, 2010

Assembly Cut

The editing is still going really well :) At the end of last week, Vegard and I watched a rough assembly cut of the film from beginning to end. It was so crazy to sit there and watch what we have tirelessly worked on in some sort of structured piece...of course, there is still a lot of work to do. The fact that there was no music or animation or stock footage yet-- we were literally watching a bunch of talking heads-- I was never bored or tired of the film. Thats a very good sign. Dude. I CANNOT WAIIIIIIITTTTT to add music. The next day, I went to Vegards and he showed me one of the end scenes with some music laid down and I was completely overwhelmed by how different it felt (in a good way). It really blew me away.

Last week, Mollys finace Chris and I took down our Fred Segal installation. It went by so fast!!! It feels like Molly and I put that up 2 weeks ago! We are just so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the Fred Segal Santa Monica store. Darrylynn from Zerominusplus has been so generous with the space in her store. The whole process was such a great experience.

Well, I have to get ready-- running around all day-- meeting with Matt Finelli (very talented friend who is making an aweeeesomeee graphic for the doc) then shooting to Vegards then off to Malibu for the night!! One of my closest friends Patti Grandidge (who also works for KC) is moving back to Asia-- her family, friends and boyfriend live there...she came to Cali for Pepperdine which is where I met her-- A big group of my friends are going to Dukes for tacos and to soak up as much Patti as we can before she leaves us. Im so sad about her leaving :(

One more thing before I go--We are looking for some art to use as cut-aways during the doc. (it doesnt have to be professional ) if you or if you have a daughter who wants to draw a picture of what "Girl World" means to her, please email lauren@kindcampaign.com and I will give you an address to send it too. The picture can be any interpretation of Girl World, or an experience that you or she has been through... We are going to include some of these in the documentary and if yours isnt chosen for the film, we will put it up on our website :)


LOVE WINS.
Lauren

1 comment: